Today we are talking about Cost saving ideas for warehouse, We can definitely reduce the cost savings in our Warehouse and can also be profitable, that too in a safe way, for this we have to focus on three things. 1 Quality 2 Speed 3 Efficiency, if you meet all these three criteria then you will see that your Warehouse or Company’s cost will start decreasing automatically but it may take some time but it is possible. Apart from this, we will share some ideas in such a way that you can reduce your cost quickly.
EHS-Environmental ,Health & Safety
Avoid incidents and injuries that cost the company a lot. If we have too many Safety and security issues, then it needs to be overcome first, then we will think of cost savings. Friends, we have seen a warehouse whose business was very good and everything was finished within hours. Therefore, we should end such problems first.
Identify the problem
Identify the value of each aspect of the company, remove whatever is against the process. for example
Motion – unnecessary movement if workers have to access equipment or tools in various locations of the company to do their job – time and money wasted. At times, it requires to redesign the warehouse floor plans and have everything thing at their disposal in one location.
Waiting – Due to breakdown in interdependent processes, poor technical support etc. leads to loss of time and missed opportunities
Over-Processing – Caused at times by lack of standard operating procedures every employee performing a task as they see fit or using wrong equipment for a task.
Overproduction – Too much inventory causing inventory costs due to lack of demand & supply data.
Claims – Due to poor quality, wrong supply, short supply control and quality assurance measures results in defective product, return, law suites.
See, We have to understand that if it comes to quality, everything is being talked about, not just the product.
We find the manpower quality, equipment quality, software quality of a warehouse or company, these things are very important for a better warehouse and company. Suppose you want to see a stock of items, how can you see without any manpower in a very short time? For this, you will have to create a good inventory management system as well as you will also need a good software such as: ERP, SAP, MM, CRM, WMS, etc. Now the question is going on in your mind that are they talking about increasing the cost or increasing it?
I know this is cost but you must have heard that “you have to lose something to get something”. Understand something similar but you will save a lot from it like: Manpower cost, time etc.
2,3 Speed & Efficiency
If you already have any software in your warehouse, then upgrade it to RFID scanner or mobile technology.
Most businesses are improving their technology efficiency and increasing order handling speed. All this can lead to savings, but only when using the right tools. 67% of the warehouse plans to use mobile devices to manage inventories in the future and some are also using them.
We should move towards a smart investment …
Empty space – Open space can be used to increase storage density and available floor space can be used optimally.
- Identify unused space including size, location and facilities.
- Explore the feasibility of using different space
- Use Reproposed Space Effectively
- Determine where you can get the most profit
Cross-dock freight — is another small process that can last longer than the in-time inventory model. This is a proven strategy, but many companies do not, because frankly, it is not easy. But cross docking is very effective, it relieves us of stock handling costs and time.
Full (FTL) and (LTL) truck loads can reduce freight costs through improved truck FTL usage
Automation – The process of packing, packing, etc. can be combined through automation. There is a cost involved with upgrading and adding automation. However, by reducing travel time, you can dramatically increase the productivity of your fulfillment center and ultimately reduce costs.
- Idea that reduces cost effect immediately
Paper Saving –We should think about reducing or eliminating paper work that is good for saving as well as the environment. And there are several ways to do this, including:
- Print and copy two-sided, set as default.
- Use secure electronic file exchange services such as Deliver Secure instead of traditional courier services.
- Try to reuse useless paper.
- Reduce inventory levels:
- Use Internet Marketing:
- Less Travel:
- Consider employees working remotely:
- Review all expenses
- Check for unnecessary expenses
- Virtual meetings.
- Use open source software
- Reduce landline phone number
- Buy used equipment
- Track inventory closely
- Hire smart, inexperienced people.
I think a good warehouse management system should be implemented, and continuously monitor performance through KPIs, and at the same time take care of all these things, this is the best approach.
I can assure you that with the change of time, the cost will decrease and your warehouse operation will also be upgraded.
- Where are Amazon Warehouse – WH Blog-17
- Distribution Center vs Warehouse- WH Blog-16
- Cost Saving Ideas For Warehouse – WH Blog-15
- Warehouse Problem and solution – WH Blog- 14
- What is SAP and WMS- WH Blog-13
- What is a warehouse objective-WH Blog-12
- Warehouse outbound process flow-WH Blog-11
- Warehouse inbound process flow-WH Blog-10
- Warehouse advantages and disadvantages-WH Blog-08
- Public vs privet warehouse – WH Blog-09
- Warehouse safety Management Tips – WH Blog-07
- Warehouse Equipment-WH Blog-06
- Warehouse Inventory Management- WH Blog-05
- WMS Warehouse Management System- WH Blog-04