Security Guard – Gate Entry > Step-01
Supplier document Verification – The security takes the document from the driver, then checks its accuracy to see if it has the following documents.
1. Original for buyer invoice and duplicate for transporter invoice
2. Transporter LR copy Loading receipt copy
3. Road permit
4. ASN (autonomous system number) number on invoice. if documents are ok, then hand over them to DEO (Data entry operator) for GE (Gate entry) process.
Gate entry DEO > Gate entry >Step-02
1. DEO Takes the documents from security Guard.
2. Check the ASN number written on the invoice in SAP. If the ASN does not exist, send an email to the buyer to get the ASN.
3. Check the invoice qty in SAP. against due qty, If not ok, get approval from buyer.
Gate Entry DEO- Gate entry- Step -03
Process the Gate entry and Use SAP T CODE and put the following details.
1. ASN number
2. Enter all all details DC, gate pass, Truck number, transporter
name, GC, vehicle etc.
3. check and put the ASN number, invoice number, part number and qty and click on item OK.
4. if all are ok, then post Now Gate entry number
Security Guard- Gate entry- Step -04
Security takes the following documents from gate entry DEO.
1. Security guard Fill up the INBOUND CONTROL SHEET.
2. The security guard assigns documents to the Receipt Department DEO for further process
Receipt DEO- Vehicle Unloading – Step -05
1. Enter the details in Inbound production control file and material receipt register ( in excel)
2. Generate the Counting sheet in Excel
3 sets stationery for the HOT and general parts separately for completed Invoices and take the print.
4. Generate the security case tag for no of cases received as per LR .
5. Security takes the case tag and call the vehicle for
Security > Unloading > Step-06
1. Call the truck and Ensure that driver has applied the hand brake before getting down from the truck.
2. Note the time the vehicle enters the warehouse
In the tracking register
3. Update the Inbound control board
Unloading Dock Supervisor > Unloading > Step 07
1. Arrange Pallet and HOPT
2. Start the truck Unloading with unloading sheet”
3. Put the security guard CASE label in the box /tag on each box
4. Check the received condition of Parts
5. Verify No of Consignments received
6. Do not place a heavy box on a light weight box
7. Properly stacked material on the plate
Unloading dock supervisor > Unloading > Step 08
1. Move the materials to Counting area.
2. HOT Material and general parts to be moved separately in bin location.
3. HOT Material to be checked on priority , and moved to direct location.
immediately no staging in receipt.
4. Binner must be available for HOT Material
Unloading dock supervisor and Security Guard > POD > Step 09
1. Entry vehicle time out in Material register.
2. Stamp on LR
3. Received Pkg
4. Give the remarks If Damage/Excess/Shortage in consignment escalate to your superior
5. Make the endorsement on LR then Hand Over to driver and
update the tracking sheet
Receipt Supervisor > Checking- physical part verification
1. Collect the counting sheet from Receipt DEO
2. Verify the Material code and qty with Counting sheet
3. Check the condition of goods branding, damages, rust,
4. Fasteners to be checked by ratio counting weighing
5. Reports any discrepancy on Counting sheet
6. Move the material along with 2 sets of Counting to prepacking section.
7. Hand over the Direct to BIN (HOT ) parts to Binner for binning
8. Hand over the Counting sheet to receipt DEO to GRN
9. Receipt DEO to escalate to buyer if any discrepancy reports
10. Lodge an insurance if applicable.
11. Update the Visual control board
Supervisor > Prepacking.> Value added productivity
1. Material feeder will position pallet and material to value added
table ready to take next feed.
2. Check the MOQ Quantity and MDQ Quantity in id Label and Counting sheet
3. Check the Type of Packing
4. Do the sample checking and sign on FIRST piece before prepacking
5. Packer will make the Box
6. Prepare Pouch and paste ID label on it
7. Seal Pouch
8. Position Material in Bin Storage location pallet
9. Update the packer performance monitor sheets.
10. Update the date and times in production file.
11. Position Empty pallets in the Binning Staging area
Binner (Store Incharge) > Material Movement from receipt and prepacking to binning and BIN updation in SAP
1. Counting sheet is taken from pre packing supervisor
2. Material is taken from prepacking / receipt staging zone.
3. Material moved in BIN DROP staging zone
4. Segregate the Material zone wise
5. Move the material to right bin in RIGHT location.
6. Update the Binner performance monitor sheets.
7. Update the BIN number in SAP.
Receipt DEO > GRN
1. Check and entry the correct qty in Migo.
2. Enter Short qty if short received from vendor
3. click on Check
4. if all are ok, then post
5. Note down GRN number in invoice
I do not know if this is Inbound process according to your warehouse or not, but you can make a good inbound process with its help. SOP is very important for any operation.
The warehouse inbound process flow (standard operating procedure) is a set of instructions from any organization that helps workers conduct routine operations and SOP aims to follow the rules of any operation and achieve efficiency and quality while minimizing miscommunication and failure It does the work of conducting.
If you have any query related to it or you want to know something else or tell something, then please email us and comment. Thank You!