Today we are talking about What is 5s Methodology for warehouse. “5s”. Method is the name of 5 method which is based on Japanese words and all start with the letter” s “.5s helps us keep a workplace clean, and systematic and increases work efficiency at the Workplace, rather than spreading waste. And provides a structure approach to continue the improvements made.
5S is a strategy that helps to accomplish one basic objective: to show problems. It is very important to have a clean and organized warehouse. 5s encourages more efficient supply storage operations, excellent training and communication.
5S describes how to identify the items used. The decision-making process is usually from a meeting about standardization, which creates an understanding, among employees, about how they should work. It is called “5s” based on five Japanese words starting with “5s”, let’s know the five “5s” involved in 5 steps.
2. SET IN ORDER
Sort out the unnecessary items and the required items separately and then discard the unnecessary items.
How to do sorting?
Look around you. Are there things we need or not? Places nearby, furniture, equipment, documents or any other items. Disassemble or discard items that are not required. Such as broken tools or broken and rusty tools, etc.
Identify maintenance problems and work to address their causes. For example, find ways to remove dust and prevent or remove dirt.
Advantages of sorting
- Disturbances go away
- Makes more room
- Problems related to maintenance can be over.
2. SET IN ORDER
How to Set in Order?
- Make markings to identify the location and location of the item, such as by applying stickers or labels or by drawing lines.
- Select the location of the item based on usage.
- Manage appropriate storage according to the type of items (eg, you can use stand, rack, bins type of tray or tray for different items).
- Decide to keep every item in the right quantity.
- Always keep things back in their regular place.
Benefits or advantages of Set in Order.
- Disturbances will not come
- Work efficiency will increase (such as finding items quickly)
- Safety items will avoid falling or sliding.
- You will avoid the hassle of finding things.
A. First step. Clean every AREA, machinery and furniture thoroughly.
B. Second step. Clean the stated equipment and AREA as per your responsibility.
C. step Three. Clean micro inside every small parts and tools and equipment
Inspect everything during cleaning and know the reasons for cleaning related errors. Eliminate errors and problems and improve your workplace. This is called KAIZEN.
Benefits of SHINE
- Swatch Workplace is created.
- Errors and Problem Expose occur
- Erasing errors improves the workplace
How to standardize?
Set and maintain the 3 “S ‘standard first (eg Criteria Program for SORTING, SHINE, STANDARDIZE arrangement).
Do vision and color management so that inequalities can be seen properly such as Transparent cover, inspection window color code etc.
Benefits of Standardize?
- A good workplace will last forever.
- Highlight inequalities quickly.
- Workplace will remain pleasuring.
Sustain – How to.
- Provide clear communication and training to the layperson.
- Include each one. Assume clear responsibilities to everyone.
- Eliminate group actions (such as 5s contests, matches and tournaments etc.
- Follow rules and sports activities (such as cleaning week, 5 minute cleaning, cleaning game till 6 o’clock, etc.
- And maintain the management of 5s by the monitoring team.
Sustain – Its Benefits.
- The feeling of self-discipline for 5s.
- Development of good habits.
- Get the right results.