What is role of logistics in supply chain management? Logistics in simple words-Logistics performs activities within the company or organization associated with Product Delivery. Logistics lead the movements and stores and delivers goods from starting production to final delivery, so as to meet consumer expectations. Logistics makes all procedures easier to make sure that end users can actually get the product they order.
What is difference between Logistics and (SCM) Supply chain Management?
Logistics Management is a major part of supply chain management, while supply chain management is an overall and contextual approach. Know about it this way.
Logistics asks, “Customer wants product. How can we deliver them? and On the other hand
supply chain management asks, “How can we provide more value to our customers and improve competition and improve supply chain processes?”
Logistics are important to your overall supply chain management efforts. After all, if your company is not able to verbally move your product from Point A to Point B, it will not happen that your business will not be successful.
But, supply chain management involves a lot more than Deliver your product.
This includes improving the inter specific and tactile aspects of Manufacturing, Storage, Delivery and Supply, which maximizes the productivity of your organization and helps to truly grow your business.
Logistics Management is a small part of Supply Chain Management that deals with managing goods in an efficient way. However, if we talk about Supply Chain Management, it is a broad term that implies connection, from suppliers to the end consumer. People are quite surprised between these two concepts.
Let us begin to understand the difference between Supply Chain Management.
Logistics Management> Processes for integrating the movement and maintenance of goods inside and outside the organization.
Supply chain management> Coordination and management of supply chain activities is known as Supply chain management.
Logistics Management> works on customer satisfaction.
Supply chain management> works for competitive advantage.
Definition of Logistics Management.
Logistics management integrates the process and movement of goods, services, information and capital, and is known as Logistics Management until it reaches its final consumer.
The objective behind this process is to provide the right product with the right quality at the right time at the right place in the right price to the customer. Logistics Activities are divided into two categories:
1. Inbound Logistics: Activities that purchase, handle, store and transport materials
Definition of Supply Chain Management.
I hope you understand what is logistics? What is the role of logistics? What is the role of supply chain? What is the difference between these two? How do they work together? In the next blog, we will learn about inbound logistics and outbound logistics in details. Thank You!
- What are the types of logistics services?-LM Blog-11
- Inbound vs Outbound Logistics-LM Blog-10
- What is role of logistics in supply chain management? LM Blog-09
- Logistics vs Supply Chain- LM Blog-08
- Transportation vs Logistics-LM Blog -07
- Difference between domestic and international Logistics-LM Blog-06
- What are the Various Components of a Logistics-LM Blog-04
- Role of Logistics in Supply Chain – LM Blog-02
- Where are Amazon Warehouse – WH Blog-17
- Distribution Center vs Warehouse- WH Blog-16
- Cost Saving Ideas For Warehouse – WH Blog-15
- Warehouse Problem and solution – WH Blog- 14
- What is SAP and WMS- WH Blog-13
- What is a warehouse objective-WH Blog-12
- Warehouse outbound process flow-WH Blog-11
- Warehouse inbound process flow-WH Blog-10
- Warehouse advantages and disadvantages-WH Blog-08
- Public vs privet warehouse – WH Blog-09
- Warehouse safety Management Tips – WH Blog-07
- Warehouse Equipment-WH Blog-06
- Warehouse Inventory Management- WH Blog-05
- WMS Warehouse Management System- WH Blog-04
- Empty Warehouse Business Ideas-WH Blog-03
- How To Start Warehouse Business-WH Blog-02
- What is Warehouse? Warehouse Management Blog-01
- Supply Chain vs Demand Chain-SCM Blog-06
- Supply Chain Management Strategic Sourcing-SCM Blog-05
- Components of Supply Chain – SCM Blog-04
- Supply Chain Decision phases – SCM Blog-03
- DRIVERS OF SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE- SCM Blog-02
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) -SCM Blog-01
- How To Start a Business -BM Blog-19
- Best Small Business Ideas -BM Blog-18
- How To Grow Business – BM Blog-17
- Top 5 Business idea after Lockdown in India Hindi-BM Blog-16
- Reason why business fail in Hindi-BM Blog-15
- Why business is important in Hindi – BM Blog-14
- Business Ideas From Home- BM Blog-13
- Business Model-BM Blog-12
- When Business is slow what to do?-BM Blog-11
- How to use social media for business growth? BM Blog-10
- Business mein Social Media ka upayog kaise karen? BM Blog-09
- CRM क्या है?- BM Blog-08
- How to start an online business in Hindi-BM Blog-07
- Examples of Competitive Advantage in Business-BM Blog-06
- Business Plan Example – BM Blog-05
- Fear of Starting a Business -BM Blog-04
- Business Strategy -BM Blog-03
- Why Business Plan is Important – BM Blog-02
- What is Business Management – BM Blog-01